As women, our bodies follow natural hormonal shifts and cycles. And though we often keep our menstrual cycles secret, they’re an important part of our lives as our emotions, physical bodies change with our cycles. Health Coach Tara McCann shared so much insight and wisdom into women’s bodies in this episode.
Interestingly, whether you are actively menstruating or not, you can still track and follow your cycle to be sure you are honoring the cycle your in and doing the activities that best “fit” that cycle.
When we learn to tune in to our bodies patterns and rhythms, we can use those patterns to make use of those creative times, and to give ourselves grace when things don’t flow as smoothly.
In this episode, we discussed:
- The four phases of a woman’s menstrual cycle
- How the four phases impact us emotionally, physically, and spiritually
- The best time to act or to get in touch with your intuition and inner wisdom
- How the moon impacts our cycles
- The differences between the cycles men’s and women’s bodies follow
Links Mentioned in the Show
We discussed two books:
- The Red Tent by Anita Diamant (a novel Amy read years ago based on bible stories about women’s community and how much of life cycled around menstruation)
- Wild Power: Discover the Magic of Your Menstrual Cycle and Awaken the Feminine Path to Power by Sjanie Hugo Wurlitzer and Alexandra Pope, Tara’s top recommendation if you’d like to read more
Connect with Tara McCann
Tara McCann is a women’s health coach who helps women to use the power of their menstrual cycle to tune into what their body needs and to work with their body instead of against it. Her coaching work supports women to trust themselves and their bodies, and to make choices in their nutrition, movement and self-care that support their health, life and business.
If you’d like to connect with Tara, you can find her at:
Like the Podcast?
Are you a subscriber? If not, I invite you to subscribe, so you’ll get notified every time a new episode goes up.
Click here to subscribe on iTunes.
Click here to subscribe on Stitcher.
And, if you’re enjoying what you’re hearing, I’d be super grateful if you left me a review. Those help other creative souls find this show, and they’re fun to read. To leave a review, open up the podcast in your podcast player. Scroll down to the bottom
Stay Connected with Amy
Grab the Creativity Boosters to Amp up your own creative ideas so you can create your best work. This will subscribe you to the newsletter.
If you don’t want the boosters but want weekly updates, you can subscribe to the newsletter to get ideas, tips, and inspiration to get started creating and acting on those creative callings.
Connect on Facebook.
Connect on Instagram.