Are you a plotter or a pantser? If you’re not sure what those terms mean in terms of your writing, give this episode a listen. Whichever camp you fall into, having an idea of where you’re going is essential to getting OUT of the land of stuck and taking those first steps forward.
There are so many good reasons for planning your book, but the best one is that it will give you a starting spot, so you can actually begin writing the darn thing.
In this solo episode, I discuss:
- Why having a plan helps you take action
- How story structure can provide that plan, whether it’s fiction, non-fiction, or memoir
- How to start creating your plan and outline at the highest level
- If you choose to, how to bring your outline and plan to a more granular level with basic story structure
- How to keep your plan flexible and allow for creative process and flow
Links Mentioned in the Show
Like the Podcast?
Are you a subscriber? If not, I invite you to subscribe, so you’ll get notified every time a new episode goes up.
Click here to subscribe on iTunes.
Click here to subscribe on Stitcher.
And, if you’re enjoying what you’re hearing, I’d be super grateful if you left a review. Those help other creative souls find this show, and they’re fun to read. To leave a review, open up the Dear Creativity Let’s Play podcast in your podcast player. Scroll down to the bottom and let the world know what you think!
Stay Connected with Amy
Subscribe to the newsletter to get weekly ideas, tips, and inspiration to get started creating and acting on those creative callings.
Connect on Facebook.
Connect on Instagram.